|4th Annual Gandy Dancer Festival
Saturday, August 21, 2010
On the Promenade in Mazomanie, Wis.
Mid-Continent is proud to host the fourth annual Gandy Dancer Festival on the Promenade in historic Mazomanie, Wis. Free and open to the public, this popular family event is truly a day-long festival featuring an array of activities with something of interest for every family member. And did we mention that it is free to you if you are someone who loves good music, good food and the small town fellowship we all associate with pure Americana.
Click HERE to listen to our radio ad, featuring Sammy Shelor of the Lonesome River Band.
Headlining this year’s music festival is the Lonesome River Band. The band’s career spans 25 years and includes multiple awards from the International Bluegrass Music Association. And their current album, “No Turning Back”, was number one on Bluegrass Unlimited Magazine’s Top 15 Album Chart for an impressive three months.
You are encouraged to refer back to this page throughout the coming weeks for updates on all of the activities that make up this year’s Gandy Dancer Festival.
Show times for the musical performances on the main stage are:
Queens of Harmony (African-American Gospel) 11:00am
Above the Town (Bluegrass) 12:30pm
The DitchLilies (American Roots Music) 2:00pm
Cork ‘n Bottle String Band (Bluegrass) 3:30pm
Harmonious Wail (Gypsy Swing, Jazz) 5:00pm
Lonesome River Band (Bluegrass) 6:30pm
Programs and show times in the Exhibits tent are:
- Dave Landau (music for kids) 12:00pm
- Bobbie Malone (history detective program for kids) 1:00pm
- Dave Landau (music for kids) 2:30pm
- Meet the Headliners: Lonesome River Band 3:00pm
- Bluegrass Jam led by Above the Town 3:30pm
(bring your own instrument and sit in with the pros)
- Mid-Continent Railway Museum store all day.
- Gandy Dancer Festival T-shirt sales all day
Also taking place around the Promenade:
- Jacob Mills (Juggling) times vary.
- Dave Lee (Gandy Dancer demonstration) all day.
- Museum for the Milwaukee Road all day.
- Mazomanie Historical Society all day.
- Food and beverages by local vendors and service clubs all day
Activities along Brodhead Street include:
- Center For Movement Arts (open studio) all day
- Cornerstone Carriages (Hay wagon rides) 1:00pm 3:00pm.
- Cross Plains Lion’s Club (Mini-Train) all day.
We wish to thank our supporting sponsors:
Dane County Cultural Affairs Commission
The Village of Mazomanie
WORT 89.9 FM
Donation Stations will be set up at various locations around the festival. All donations will benefit the continuing recovery effort of the Mid-Continent Railway Museum and are tax deductible.
BACK TO NEWS